Our mission is to create a community of giving for life.
We seek to invest in organizations and hospital departments that are committed to the health and wellness needs of Upstate residents.
Grantees are our partners and it is through our partnership that our mutual goals in health care are realized. Grants allow the Foundation to fund projects at Spartanburg Regional Health System (SRHS) and to address health and wellness needs of Upstate residents.
Spartanburg Regional Foundation offers grant assistance to programs that are clearly health-related and fall within the Spartanburg Regional Service Area(s). While the Foundation is primarily a health system foundation, funds are available to community organizations committed to the health and wellness needs of Upstate residents.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
Do you meet the following criteria to apply for funding?
- Spartanburg Regional Foundation considers only those organizations that are recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit and/or tax exempt entities. Funded organizations must not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, religious belief or physical ability.
- The Spartanburg Regional Foundation offers grant assistance to projects/programs that are clearly health and wellness related and falls within the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System service area(s).
- The grant project is to be completed within twelve months.
- Grant awards have no minimum and maximum amount; however, community requests should not exceed 25% of total available ($32,300).
Grant Proposal Deadlines
The Letters of Intent (LOI) and full applications (by invitation only) must be submitted via the online grant submission system by 5:00 p.m. on the dates provided. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Spartanburg Regional Foundation receives many strong requests which are competitive for limited dollars. Please make sure you review your LOI and application carefully before submitting.
The review process takes approximately 4 months. You will be contacted as soon as a decision is reached in May. At any point in the process, please do not hesitate to contact Stacey Dulin with your questions or concerns.
The Foundation grant year begins July 1, 2017 and ends July 1, 2018.
*Programs should be sustainable
Programs committed to the health and wellness needs of Upstate residents.
- Spartanburg County, SC
- Cherokee County, SC
- Union County, SC
*Does not generally provide funding for
- Annual operating support including operating expenses of existing programs
- Organizations outside of the Spartanburg Regional Health Care System service area(s)
- Grants to individuals
- Grant Proposals before a Letter of Intent (LOI) has been submitted and
- Multi-year requests
- Recurring requests from a grantee for the same purpose for which a grant has been previously awarded
- Fundraising events, celebrations, dinners
- Retroactive expenses/activities
- Vehicles including SUV’s
Please contact Stacey Dulin, Grants Administrator at 864-560-6827 for guidance if your request will fall into an area that we generally do not fund.
Application to the Spartanburg Regional Foundation is a two-stage process:
- Followed by full application (by invitation only based on approval of your LOI).
Submitting a full application does not guarantee funding.
Tutorial: Online System
The Foundation accepts Letters of Intent on an annual basis. Contact Stacey Dulin, Grants Administrator at 864-560-6827 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for LOI submission dates.
Apply Online: Letter of Intent
Clicking the link below will direct you to the Spartanburg Regional Foundation’s Letter of Intent log-in page to start a new LOI. Here you will need to create a new account. If you are creating a new account, it is imperative that you use a functional, monitored e-mail account as the user-id. This email address will be our means of communications throughout the process.
Applicants will be notified of receipt of the LOI via email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact Stacey Dulin @ email@example.com.
Apply Online: Full Application
If you are invited to submit a full proposal, you will receive an e-mail with instructions after your LOI has been reviewed and approved. The full proposal is also submitted through the online grant submission system and can be accessed by logging in below.
For your convenience, data from your LOI will transfer automatically to the full proposal. However, fields may be updated or edited as appropriate.
Please review the entire application packet before your submit your application. If you need further assistance, contact Stacey Dulin, Grants Administrator at 864-560-6827 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified of receipt of the application via email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact Stacey Dulin @ email@example.com.
Grant Recipients Selected
- Applications will be reviewed by the Spartanburg Regional Foundation Grants and Allocations Committee which will make recommendations to the Foundation Board of Trustees based on the funds available and the alignment of the proposal with hospital and community goals. The Foundation Board of Trustees makes the final funding decisions.
- Site visits may be conducted during our review process.
- The Spartanburg Regional Foundation grant process takes approximately 5 months. You will receive e-mail notification of award decisions.
All applicants who are successful will be required to submit 6-month and 12-month evaluations through the online grant submission software. Failure to submit reports may jeopardize chances of receiving future grant awards.
Grant money must be used or returned within 30 days from the grant agreement end date.