2018 Grant Focus Area – Access to Healthcare
Priority will be given to projects that increase access to healthcare for Upstate residents.
Spartanburg Regional Foundation offers grant funding to programs that are clearly health-related and fall within the service area(s) of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. While the Foundation is primarily a healthcare system foundation, funds are available to community organizations committed to the health and wellness needs of Upstate residents.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
Do you meet the following criteria to apply for funding?
- Spartanburg Regional Foundation considers only those organizations that are recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit and/or tax exempt entities. Funded organizations must not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, religious belief or physical ability.
- Spartanburg Regional Foundation offers grant assistance to projects/programs that are clearly health-related and falls within the service areas(s) of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
- The grant project must be completed within the 12 month period of July 1, 2018 –
June 30, 2019.
- Hospital grant requests have no minimum amount; however, community requests should not exceed $25,000.
Grant Proposal Requirements and Deadlines
A Letter of Intent (LOI) is required to be invited to submit a full grant proposal. A pre-proposal consultation is also recommended. LOI and full applications (by invitation only) must be submitted via the on-line grant submission system by 5:00 p.m. on the dates provided. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
The review process takes approximately five months. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions on May 17, 2018.
The Foundation grant year begins July 1, 2018 and ends June 30, 2019.
*Programs should be sustainable
Programs committed to the health and wellness needs of Upstate residents.
- Spartanburg County, SC
- Cherokee County, SC
- Union County, SC
- Does not generally provide funding for:
- Annual operating support including operating expenses of existing programs
- Organizations outside of the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System service area(s)
- Grants to individuals
- Grant Proposals without a Letter of Intent (LOI) and invitation to apply
- Multi-year requests
- Recurring requests for the same purpose as a grantee’s current grant
- Fundraising events, celebrations, dinners
- Retroactive expenses/activities
- Vehicles including SUV’s
- K-12 public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private
college or university. Separate 501(c)3 organizations established to support a school
should contact the Foundation prior to submission to determine project eligibility.
Please contact Stacey Dulin, Grants Administrator, at 864-560-6827 for guidance in determining the eligibility of your organization and/or project.
Application to the Spartanburg Regional Foundation is a two-stage process:
- Letter-of-Intent- January 29 – February 19, 2018
- Followed by full application-February 23 – March 19, 2018 (by invitation-only based on approval of your LOI). Submitting a full application does not guarantee funding.
Tutorial: Online System
The Foundation accepts Letters of Intent on an annual basis. LOI’s will be accepted from January 29 – February 19, 2018 via online grant submission system.
Apply Online: Letter of Intent
Clicking the link below will direct you to the Spartanburg Regional Foundation’s Letter of Intent log-in page to start a new LOI. Here you will need to create a new account. If you are creating a new account, it is imperative that you use a functional, monitored e-mail account as the user-id. This email address will be our means of communications throughout the process.
Applicants will be notified of receipt of the LOI via email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact Stacey Dulin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply Online: Full Application
If you are invited to submit a full proposal, you will receive an e-mail with instructions after your LOI has been reviewed and approved. The full proposal is also submitted through the online grant submission system and can be accessed by logging in below.
For your convenience, data from your LOI will transfer automatically to the full proposal. However, fields may be updated or edited as appropriate.
Please review the entire application packet before you submit your application. If you need further assistance, contact Stacey Dulin, Grants Administrator at 864-560-6827 or e-mail email@example.com
Applicants will be notified of receipt of the application via email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact Stacey Dulin @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant Recipients Selected
- Applications will be reviewed by the Spartanburg Regional Foundation Grants and Allocations Committee which will make recommendations to the Foundation Board of Trustees based on the funds available and the alignment of the proposal with hospital and community goals. . The Foundation Board of Trustees makes the final funding decisions on May 16, 2018.
- Site visits may be conducted during our review process March 27 – April 25, 2018.
- The Spartanburg Regional Foundation grant process takes approximately 5 months. You will receive e-mail notification of award decisions on May 17, 2018.
All grantees will be required to submit 6-month and 12-month evaluations through the online grant submission software. Failure to submit reports may jeopardize chances of receiving future grant awards.
Grant money must be used by June 30, 2019 or returned no later than July 31, 2019.