Don’t Miss A Beat!
Gifts made to Spartanburg Regional Foundation Heart Services fund enable our Heart Division to place AEDs throughout the community and provide life-saving training.
The Spartanburg Regional Foundation Heart Division has created an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) assistance program to accelerate AED distribution in local schools, nonprofits and businesses – providing lifesaving training and AED access.
- In 2017, the Foundations’s Heart Division will be awarding up to 10 community organizations an AED.
- If you are a school, religious organization, non-profit or business in Spartanburg, Union, or Cherokee county you may apply for AED assistance through April 3, 2017.
- If selected, your organization will be awarded the following:
- One Cardiac Science Defibrillator
- One four-year battery
- One package adult HeartStart SMART Pads II, contains one set of adhesive defibrillation pads in a disposable plastic case
- One infant/child key, > 55 lbs./25 kg (optional)
- One each: owner’s manual, demo CD, quick reference guide, management tags
- One plastic waterproof shell carrying case – OR — One each: standard carrying case, basic defibrillator wall mount cabinet, and three dimensional
- AED wall sign
- One fast response kit, containing: scissors, disposable gloves, disposable razor, pocket mask, and large absorbent towel
- CPR/AED training (3.5 – 4 hours) per organization needs ( 1 instructor per 8 people)
- Printed education material
- Emergency response plan (ERP) guide